WE ARE ESSENTIAL SERVICES: OPEN FOR ONSITE ACU, CHIRO, FST, MASSAGE & PHYSIO
At MCA Wellness Clinic, nothing is more important than the health of our patient community. As the COVID-19 situation evolves we are continually monitoring and adjusting our protocols to adhere to the recommendations from Public Health, WHO, CDC as well as our individual Professional Regulating Bodies.
On January 12th, 2021, the Provincial Government announced a "State of Emergency - stay home order" for Ontario starting Thursday January 14th, 2021 for a minimum of 28 days. As a health care clinic we are deemed ESSENTIAL SERVICES and can REMAIN OPEN following the Ministry of Health in their Directive 2. In alignment with this, our regulatory bodies have given similar notice and we are to continue to follow these very thorough directives detailing how to safely practice.
Our practice puts the health and safety of our patients and staff as our top priority, we will continue to be open for ACUPUNCTURE, CHIROPRACTIC CARE, FST, MASSAGE THERAPY AND PHYSIOTHERAPY as we have all measures in place to protect you and will continue to adhere to changes put forth by the Ministry of Health and our Regulatory Bodies.
At this time the remaining professions that can conduct video sessions remotely, will be available for these (in particular Naturopathy and Psychotherapy). As soon as we hear from their respective regulatory bodies we will update this statement.
We will be continuously evaluating and closely monitoring the situation. We value your patience during this difficult time and encourage everyone to stay safe and healthy as directed by Health Canada.
If you have any questions please feel free to email Erin.DC@MChiro.ca or call the clinic at 416-690-2888.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Erin L. Marjerrison
MCA Wellness Clinic
We are continually monitoring and adjusting our protocols to adhere to the recommendations from Public Health, World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our individual Professional Regulating Bodies.
Additional measures are we taking to help protect you.
1. Screening; Active and Passive Screening for COVID-19 is in place as it pertains to the "case description" put out by Public Health.
2. Hand Hygiene; Washing our hands regularly and thoroughly (hand sanitizer as a second option). As always, this will be to the highest standards.
3. Cleaning and Disinfecting as per the Infection and Prevention Control Documents by Public Health will be strictly adhered to; focusing on high touch areas, door handles, kids’ area, tables with special attention to the head pieces. Deep clean regularly.
4. Physical Distancing; modifying the schedule to make sure there are fewer people in the clinic at one time. Barrier in place at reception. Please check your appointment start times carefully as things will be a little different with the scheduling of patients to allow for physical distancing and cleaning.
5. Use of PPE; surgical masks always, face shields, gloves, isolation gowns and clinic coats as needed.
What you can do.
1. If you are sick, please stay home and recover.
2. Please fill out the active screening survey prior to coming in for your appointment or call the clinic to go over it.
3. If you are here and you cough, or sneeze please do so in your sleeve.
4. Please practice good hand hygiene.
5. It is required to wear a face covering when physical distancing cannot be maintained. If you do not have one and need one the clinic has ones you can use during your session.
For further information we encourage everyone to monitor and follow protocols set up by these organizations. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
Atypical symptoms/clinical pictures of COVID-19 should be considered,
particularly in children, older persons, and people living with a developmental
disability. Atypical symptoms can include: